Daylily is a NYC-style bodega in Columbia Tusculum that will bring daily essentials to the community. It's a partnership of Deeper Roots Coffee and the Salazar Restaurant Group. Its three main pillars––coffee, deli and grocery––are all a cut above the rest while still remaining approachable and affordable.
Deli Masters are the faces of Daylily. They make customers feel welcome and cared for through enthusiastic and well-informed service; integrate themselves into the team by practicing open communication and upholding a culture of care and respect; bring creativity and attention-to- detail into everyday tasks, whether they’re making a cappuccino, firing off a bacon, egg and cheese, or revamping a grocery display. Together with their team, Deli Masters hold a standard of excellence in everything they do.
- Brew coffee and tea and make bar drinks in an efficient manner
- Make sandwiches and salads to order, man the deli counter
- Know the menu, both food and coffee, and be able to answer any questions customers may have as well as make an informed recommendation when asked
- Maintain and orderly station; clean as you go
- Stock grocery and coffee retail shelves, face and rotate product
- Keep the space clean throughout the day
- Communicate with GM and KM when issues arise; maintenance problems, scheduling errors, etc.
- Cleanly: maintains good personal hygiene and keeps the shop clean and organized throughout the day
- Timely: arrives on time for shifts consistently
- Self-starting: able to see the needs of the shop and execute them without being prompted
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to work and communicate with various personalities, including the occasional difficult customer
- Attention to detail: will bring care and intentionality into the drinks and food they make every day
- Kitchen experience a must, coffee experience a plus
Full- and part-time positions are available. Must be able to work at least three shifts per week including one weekend day. Full-time positions require at 30 hrs/week to receive benefits.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: Hourly plus tips
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Casual dining restaurant
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Email resumes to email@example.com